Saturday, September 27, 2008

Day 9(Last Visit)

Today was the last visit before I get to pick up Little M! I do not get to see him tomorrow because it is Sunday but Monday morning, Off we go to get him out of the orphanage. I will have the translator explain to him but I do not think he is going to get it right away. I know today we were playing and someone came in and talked with Galina for a few moments. He immediately stopped what he was doing, got real serious and just watched this person. After she left, he went right back to smiling and playing. I can tell he enjoys being with me and I think he was thinking he was going to have to go back. What a surprise on Monday when he never has to go back.
Today was really busy. Orphanage visit, a visit to a baby store to pick up some diapers, etc. A visit to the grocery to get some food for the kids and then back to the room for a late lunch. And then it was laundry time. I was exhausted after hand washing, rinsing and laying out the cloths I needed washed. I really do appreciate my washer and dryer so much more.
We went for an evening walk to Creme Kafe. We really like these places to eat but there are only three that we know for sure that have English menus(we are not adventurous enough to deal with only Russia menus) besides our hotel and we would like to have more of a variety but I don't think that is going to happen. We probably only have one more night out anyway. We are not sure how the kids will do with eating out, especially Kyley and Greg's little girl so Monday and Tuesday may be in the room – we will see.
Another wedding tonight and we laughed as we came back to the hotel. We could see inside to the dance floor and what so you think we saw... Women and children dancing and men outside smoking, almost like back home. Oh another thing to add to my list of things to remember.... The size of the napkins about ¼ of what we have at home.
Well, finally a short blog entry! Off to check email and to bed. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica, I can't wait to see you and Micah! It seems like forever since I've had a chance to talk to you. Knowing that you are studying 2 Peter right along with us makes me feel connected, though. I am praying for you and also for all the rest of your family.
Much love,
Sally

Shannon said...

Hi Monica

Hope you're enjoying your last few days in Astrakan. Big day for you tomorrow!! Hope all goes well. Can't wait to hear all about "Gotcha Day" from you and Kyley and Greg!

Take care,
Shannon