Monday, September 22, 2008

Day 4

Today started pretty much off the same, I think someone noted on their blog a reference to “Ground Hog Day” Well, it is true. You do the same thing over and over again for 10 days. And then I am sure that once I get Little M it will be more exciting but the routine will be the same day after day. Even though it is repetative time still seems to go by fast. The great thing about Breakfast this morning is that the Eggs were actually fully fried! At the hotel, Breakfast is included but you do not order off a menu or there is no buffet. They just bring you what they have. Usually, it is fired eggs, bread, yogart, cheese, sometimes some meat and coffee and tea if you want it. The thing is the eggs are always sunnyside up and very runny. Now I like then that way but poor Kyley could not eat them. We tried yesterday to ask for scrambled but we just got runny eggs with the yoke mixed up. So Kyley was thrilled today. We also had another treat, Andy and Kathy brought Peanut Butter with them! We were talking last night about how we were trying to find it at the store but there is none to be found here. Andy and Kathy said that they had brought some so at Breakfast, we had peanut butter on our bread! It does not take much to excite you when you are out of your comfort zone.
So off to another power walk but only for two hours today. Spent most of our time in the Kremlin area. They are working on restoring it and it is really pretty to look at. I got to go into the church today. It is very ornate inside and I slipped in a picture. I do not feel bad about being disrespectiful because they have little gift shops just inside the church. The paintings are very pretty. We then worked our way back in the wonderful wind. The thing we noticed the other day is that the dogs that run wild around here are very good about crossing the streets. They will stand near a crowd of people waiting to cross and when they move, so do the dogs, it is pretty funny to watch.
In the afternoon, it is calling home and internet catch up and then off to a visit. I started to think about if the hotel is charging me for the phone usage for a local call for my dial up. That could be really bad if they are. I will have to have Vika ask them for me. Today's visit was a little shorter but the testing has begun. He may be delayed physically and in his speech but mentally he is a sharp two year old. First of all he would spend his entire time have me hold him above my head so that he can take his favorite puppet and hold it over the puppet stage. So being the nice Mom that I am, I agreed to do that a few times but I would then put him down and and lead him away, well he started the leg collapsing thing so that he would fall to the ground, hoping that I would let go and then he would try to make a quick escape back to the puppet stage. I caught on quick and would not let go but boy is that so two year old behavior! The next was when he was paying with his stacking cups, one had fallen far from where we were playing so he picked it up and started tapping on the table, etc. as he walked. However, as he came to the TV, he stoped, held up the cup as to hit the TV and then looked at me to see what I would do! Of course I sternly said Nyet and walked toward him, he did not try but I could see in his eyes how he wanted to. Oh the two's!
The rest of the night was off to Sans Pizza for dinner and back home. Please pray for guidance for Andy and Kathy in their decision. Well off to bed and hopefully I can get up a little earlier.
Please pray for Russ and the kids as they try to get adjusted to the new schedule with Daddy being home. God bless you all in your lives and that God's peace will be with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys!!!!