Thursday, September 25, 2008

Day 7

Not much new today. The same old same old. Breakfast, a little walk. We did finally stop in this store that we thought was a bookstore and had a great time. I found a couple nursery rhyme board books for M that we can not read but have great pictures. I am sure he will appreciate having them when he is older. I also finally went across the street to the open market. There were some fresh fruit and veggies that looked good but I really was not up to the effort involved in trying to communicate the price. It was just a real interesting experience that I will probably never have back in the US.

I spent the afternoon in the room just doing little odds and ends. No visit today but I did find out that M is doing better and I will get to visit with him Friday morning! I am hoping that is a good sign and that I will get to take him home(or at least to the hotel) on Monday. I am trying to get a list together of all the things that I need to do before we leave. I am starting to have those moments when I think, “I better do this now or I will never get to do it before we leave.”I guess that means we are coming to the end of our stay. I do have to repeat that it is amazing at how time does pass quickly here. You would think that it would drag on and on but the day is broken up enough that before I know it, it is time for our walk to dinner. Then it is back to the hotel and getting ready for bed. It is hard to believe that it has been 11 days since we left home(for the 4th trip that is) and that I will be home in 9 more days!

The Robert's will be leaving on Saturday and talked to their referral today about being adopted and she wants to be adopted! It is just so wonderful to see things working out. We went to San Pizza again for dinner. Dinner for us is a several hour endeavor. First, we either walk there or call a taxi. That could be anywhere from 10-30 minutes. Then we get our orders in quickly but it talks awhile to get our food, longer then in the US in most places. Once we are done eating, we have to remember to ask for the bill. We usually get talking and forget to ask, they never bring it to you unless you ask. Then we ask them to call a taxi. That is another 15 minutes for them to come.So we usually leave around 6:30 and get home around 9:30. It is long but very enjoyable to be with other families that understand everything that you are going through.

Can't wait to see M tomorrow, I hope he has bounced back quickly. Hopefully only two more orphanage visits and then he will be mine(ours).

I pray that you have a wonderful day and that God will shine His wonderful face upon you!

1 comment:

Craig and Phyllis said...

Sorry to hear that M is sick, and good to hear that he is doing better. Sounds like you have had lots of time to think about how you will handle different situations and get a plan figured out! Will continue to pray for all of you.