Thursday, September 25, 2008

Day 6

Sorry for not posting yesterday, I was a very tiring day and once I returned back to my room, I just needed to go to bed. You know we never do too much here; my schedule at home is always on the go; but nevertheless I get tired. I think that it is the emotions that really wear you out.

So first the good news – We are expecting to Leave Astrakhan on October 1st and be back in the US on October 4th!!!!! - 6 days earlier. There is a huge celebration that I may have mentioned before. It is the 450th year celebration for the City of Astrakhan. It starts October 1st through the 5th and it is going to be very busy and there are going to be many people coming into town. So Galina has been able to get the passports processed quicker then normal. We are so grateful for her dong that. Six days does not seem that bad but it is like an eternity when you are away from home. In fact, I mentioned today that I do not know if there was anywhere in the world that I would like to be at for three weeks or more.

Now for the not so good news. Little M was sick and I did not get to see him today. They say that he has an oral infection called stomatitis. I am not sure what it is comparable to in the US but he has sores in his mouth and Galina purchased a certain medicine that they use to clean his mouth. Unfortunately I might not get to see him until Saturday and they are unsure if I should take him with me on Monday. Since we are leaving Wednesday they thought it might be better to leave him in the orphanage Monday and Tuesday because he would be there with a doctor and they could make sure he is well before we leave on Wednesday. I am not thrilled with that at all but I also would not want him to get sicker when he was with me either and then have no doctor. So time will tell. Just pray for healing and that I do not get sick either. In fact Vika was saying that she was glad that I was going to get to leave Wednesday, meaning that I am leaving earlier and can get him home to a heathly enviroment sooner. But I just laughed and said that they are glad to see me go because they never know what is going to happen next with me! HAHA!

Otherwise the day was a little gloomy. Rain and old in the morning so no real walk that morning. We did walk in the evening, it had cleared up by then and took Andy and Kathy to the soverneir shop and then on to dinner at the Chocolate Cafe. We really like eating there, it is really good food and a great atmosphere. Once back to the room, I was able to change my flights to the US and my hotel rooms in Moscow(went very smoothly considering all the trouble I have been having). What is great is that I had to change my flight to arrive in the US in Atlanta and not JFK so I get to be on the plane with Kyley and Greg back to the US. I am sure that they are wondering when they are going to get rid of me, but they have to put up with me a bit longer. They have solved my major plane delimma... how do I go to the bath room on the plane? Do I take him in with me? Do I chance it when he is asleep(assuming he will sleep)? Now, no worries.

Keep up the prayers because this trip is not over and those flaming arrows keep heading my way.

God Bless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding the bathroom on the plane you may not have had any problem anyway. Just to share my experience with a 3 year old... He found the bathroom fascinating and wanted to visit every 2 minutes. So, either he or I were going or sometimes we just played with the water (as long as no one was waiting). Now sleep... that is something I could have used more of on the plane for me and my little guy. :-) Good luck! I'm glad you get to come home sooner than expected.

Shannon said...

Monica,
So glad to hear you all get to leave earlier than planned. what a relief!

I will keep little "M" in my prayers that he heals quickly.

Take care,
Shannon