Thursday, September 11, 2008

??????????????????????

Hello all! We are alive and well and back at home. We had severe technical problems in Russia and were not able to post again until we got home. I have the title as is because there has been so much going on that I do not even know where to start. But to sum it up things have not been on the upside. Basically, we went to court on Monday and it was postponed! I could not believe it myself. I feel like everything has been a bad dream and I am hoping that I am going to wake up soon.

Basically there was some paperwork that we did not have that the court wanted. So within 5 minutes of starting court, it got postponed. It has been rescheduled for September 18th. We should have the paperwork today and be back in a plane on Monday for our court. The good news is that we were planning on coming home this time so this has helped us to process things quickly. The bad news is that most of our dossier expired between 9/8 and 9/18(ccourt) and we do not know if the judge will have an issue with it. So we have spent an enormous amount of time and money on the phone trying to get things going while we were still in Russia. It also means that, if court is successful, we will not get to bring him home until October 10th, everything is pushed back 10 days. We have decided that Russ will come home immediately after court and I will stay the entire time. Our kids have been through so much and we can not ask them much more, especially since we haven't been able to Skype with them like we planned.

Also I want to give my Mom the Mother of the year award! Not only has she had to take care of my three kids, running them to school and activities. But she has been instrumental in helping get our paperwork updated and to top that off, in the middle of her running around for me she was sick and found out that she had a sinus infection. Now that is motherly dedication. I love you so much!

So, I have 4 days to get paperwork, reschedule planes and hotels, unpack/ repack for a longer trip, get more money and spend as much time with our kids as possible( the whole reason we were coming home in the first place)! Oh! and try to get our computer problems solved. Just a note to everyone out there who loves Apple computers, Russia is not ready for them! We have had so much problems and we think it is related to our macbook. So we are going to bring our Windows based laptop this time and pray that we can get things to work.

Needless to say, blogging has not been high on my list so I do not know if I will get to post again before we leave, or while in Russia for that fact but I ask for prayers, prayers and more prayers! Prayers for strength, for perseverance, for a loving heart and that we will glorify God with a loud voice through it all!

Blessing to you all. Thank you for the prayers!

11 comments:

Craig and Phyllis said...

We have been praying and will continue to do so! If there is anything that I can do, let me know. I will be running downtown at various times to get this apostilled and can do some for you at the same time if you need. Or is you need anything else, I'm willing to help out. But most important, we will be praying for you.

Patti said...

Wow - I'm so sorry to hear of the delays and paperwork expiring. They say adoption is not for the faint of heart, and it can throw curveballs. Oh how true! I know you might not be able to post in some time, but I will be praying for you. I am sure this has been hard on you all. May the Lord's peace and strength surround you. He will get you through this dark tunnel. There is no one more powerful than He is.

"Your righteousness reaches to the skies, O God, You who have done great things. Who, O God, is like You?" Psalm 71:19

Stephanie and Dennis said...

God has a grand plan. And do you ever wonder where you are in that grand plan? One of my favorite quotes - "If you want to know where you are suppose to be, just look at your feet." Whatever is happening, the delays, the paperwork, know that it is God's plan and trust in him.

My prayers continue to be with you and your family.

Stephanie
www.thesmiths441.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh my heart aches for you! You must have been so devastated when court was postponed. We will pray for you that the next court hearing and other things to come will go more smoothly!!! Good luck with everything you have to get done. Get done what you can and the rest will be okay.

I also understand computer problems in Russia... we had the same issues. Many times I just ended up typing things there as I had time and posting after the fact when we got home. (Just a suggestion so you can still share your thoughts.)

April and Daniel said...

We are sorry for the delay. We are praying for you and hope you return soon. Let us know if you will be in Moscow when we are. We leave tomorrow, Sat morning.

Best Wishes
April & Dan

Children's Hope International said...

I am sorry to hear of your delay as well, but am glad your court is scheduled within the week. My prayer is with you and all of your children. I look forward to updates when you have the time to post them.

Jennifer N.

Anonymous said...

So when all is said and done, it will be a FIVE trip adoption? Oh my. There are no words, there really aren't.

I will pray specifically that you will have internet when you are by yourself for trip 5. I did our trip 3 by myself, and to be connected to home is a lifeline and a lifesaver.

May God grant you favor when you return to court, strength to get through the next month, and travelling mercies.

I had a "superstar" mom like you did while we were gone...aren't they the BEST!!??

Sara in MI
Mom to Astrakhan baby Sophie

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. You guys have been through the ringer!!!!! I am praying.

Darryn and Jamie said...

I agree there are no words, except to say we are praying for your family.
Jamie

Carolynn and Steve said...

Like everyone else here, I'm holding your family in my prayers. Please know that we are here if you need us, and that God will hold you through all of this.

Shannon said...

I am so sorry to hear about all the delays happening in your region with paperwork and court. especially having to make yet another trip.

By now you should be on your way back to Russia. I am praying, praying, praying that everything goes smoothly from here on forward.

God Bless you both and your family!
Shannnon