Monday, September 22, 2008

Day 3

Today was the day I was worried about because there was no visit to see Little M and we were on our own. But it went very well. I usually sleep in and get up in just enough time to get ready for Breakfast. I usually meet with Kyle and Greg around 9 - 9:30 am. After that I hung out in the room and went through emails etc. We then went for a 4 hour walk around the town. It is still pretty windy here. Friday was the first day of pretty high winds and they are suppose to continue through Tuesday. It is really hard to walk with the wind because it is do dry and dusty here that the dirt just blows in your eyes. Anyway, we made it all the way to the MegaStore that had a Subway restaurant in it and then headed back. There is a tradition here for couples that marry to take a pad lock and put on on this bridge. I got to see the Bridge today and it is pretty neat. Some locks are fancy and other just simple with the names written on it.
After our walk, I called home and talked to Russ – he got home safely but very tired. Skype will work but with dial up it breaks up a lot so I decided to us Skype to phone home and it is only $0.02/minute the cheapest we have seen. It works ok but I would still love to see them. Kyley and Greg have offered to let me use their internet access to use Skype so maybe after I pick up Little M I will do that so he can see them and them him.

Another family arrived then in the evening, Andy and Kathy. They are so sweet. We spent all dinner and then some talking and filling each other in. It is so very nice to have company here.

It was very late and I was tired so I called home once more to talk to my little girl who was not home earlier, and then off to bed. I was too tired to blog so that is why this is posted on Monday. It is three days down and 7 more to go until I can hold Little M in my arms forever.

God Bless

No comments: