Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day 5

Ok, it is officially the half way point of the 10 day wait. Highlights of the day were first the continued wind that they have here. The computer said 27 MPH with gust up to 36 MPH. It was also overcast and sprinkling. Since the heat does not get turned on until mid October, my room(no carpeting just tile) is getting cold so for the firs time in the four trips we have made, I am actually cold in Russia - go figure.

On our walk today we stopped by the Azimut. I wanted to get pictures that I did not get the first time we were here. We checked inside and the lobby is looking like a regular hotel. It was the best part of the hotel before do I could not understand why they were redoing it and not the rooms but it looks really great now!

Today's visit was not well. Just because Micah is sick again. He is never fully healthy but today, you could tell he had a sore throat and a slight fever again but he was just really lathargic? We played some but you could tell he was not feeling well, so I tried to just hold him and rock him and sing to him. I want so bad to just take him back and give him medicine. I know that they have meds there but the germs just get passed around and not until I get him out of there will he have a chance of getting better. So pray that he will get better and that will stay well for the next 6 nights that he has there.

Possibly more good news, There is a potential that we may get to come home early!!! More news tomorrow on that so pray!

Thank you all for your support in words, prayers and help at home with my family. THere are no words that can express the gratitude that I have for you all. It is so hard(when you are a control freak) to be half way across the world and in little control of anything - at home and in Astrakhan. So you all have made it so much better for me. THank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Today we got to see God match another family together(hopefully). It is amazing how many times when you are on a path that you know God wants you on but things just do not seem to be working the way you thought it should and then God reveals His plan and it could not be more clear and more amazing - Oh we of little Faith and Oh God of Great Promises!

May God Bless all your lives as He has so graciously blessed ours.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Monica,

Tell Little M that Daddy is sick too. Sick of watching his Patriots this season!!!

Now, serious. I just got off the phone with the Big Guy and I want you to know that I am praying for M's health and a speedy trip to Columbus so that you can make him well in so many ways.

(Also that L and D don't send him to the funny farm before you get home!!!!)

Still Prayin hard.

B

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to go home soon!!!! This has been one long journey.

I hope M feels better soon too.

I can't wait to see his picture!!

Kathy said...

Please know our prayers are with you both. Kat