Thursday, July 31, 2008

Like Handling Gold

The past few days have been knee deep in paperwork and even though I know that it is all necessary to bring home little M, at this point in time I am just tired of it - or shall I say it tires me out. We have about 9 different papers that need to get done, notarized and apostilled. Some are done and the rest are in the works, I am now just waiting on others, like our CPA and our Mortgage company to get things back to me. I have to say a great thank you to Vala our interpreter in the region for all her help with what I need and do not need. CHI has just changed things on communication with the region and we are aloud to communicate directly with our rep in region. The case workers in St. Louis are great but they get all their info second and third hand so it takes awhile to get your questions answered. Now I can email Vala and get an answer back very soon so that I can act on it quickly.

This has definetly reduced the stress of things but the thing that is the most stressful for me is that every page that I get from someone else(like our pediatrian), is so very valuable to me(because of the time and effort to get it) that I feel like I am handling a large amount of gold. I am afraid that someone will spill something on it, that the kids will accidentally write on it or that my car( with the papers in it)  will catch on fire when I am in the store! And then I have to start all over again. Once we get the papers back from the CPA, I will get them apostilled and sent off to St. Louis and I will then feel more at ease. The bigger concern is our Mortgage statement because once we get it(from Maryland) I will have to spend a lot of money to send it back and forth to get the notary verified and the papers apostilled. I just hope that in all the sending back and forth in the mail that the papers will be safe(so weird praying for a paper's safety but this paper is what will get our little boy home).

Well, now that I am in a holding pattern on the paperwork, I can finish unpacking and doing laundry. And then we can start shopping for school and little M!


Oh, one not on the jet lag - I will not say that I am back to normal but I am much better then the last time. I get up early still and am very tired by 9pm but during the day I am at full strength. Each day, I get up a little later and stay up a little later so hopefully by the weekend, I will be back to normal.

Blessings to all!

6 comments:

The Smiths said...

Oh, the paperwork...
We just completed several documents in preparation for our 2nd trip. And just when we though it was all done...nope,there's more! Lydia's returning home early so we had to prepare, notarize and apostille yet even more papers. Oh, to be on the plane flying to Russia so we can finally relax and enjoy the rest of our journey to get Sister home.

Shannon said...

Glad things are getting back to "normal" for you again and that the paperwork is starting to get done for your court date. If you need prayers for your paper, I'll pray for them. And, No it's not completely weird to me as I know how important they all are. Best wishes on finishing up soon.
Take care,
Shannon
P.S. I hadn't heard yet about being able to contact our Russian office directly now. Very interesting and yes I can see very helpful.

Patti said...

I had to laugh at your post, because I remember those feelings all too well about the documents. I actually did drop one document under the car, but thankfully the envelope took the brunt of the dirt. I'm so glad to hear you are working with Valla! She was so wonderful to us. That's great that you can talk to them directly about what documents you need for court! I hope the mortgage document comes together quickly.

The Wilson's said...

Monica, What great news that CHI is letting you speak directly to the regional reps. This would have saved us soo much time and confusion. I hope that ti makes the document prep for your second trip go a little soother!
Wendy

c said...

I thought I was the only person in the world that worried about my car catching on fire when I had important things in it! Because cars often spontaneously combust in the parking lot of the grocery store...

Tina said...

I've been watchingout for water - I've started sealing all mailed paperwork in special plastic ziplock envelopes in side the fed ex envelope because one of our documents got left out on our poarch in the rain and was completely ruined. Now I need to find something fire proof too!!!