Sunday, August 10, 2008

Paper-itis?

Ok, it has been awhile since I have sent off all the papers 
to the necessary people but they are finally starting to trickle back in to us. This is wonderful news because I can finalize them by getting them apostilled and then send them off to Russia. However, this week, I have realized that I have come down with an acute attack of paper-itis! Yes, I know that is just made up by my symptoms are real. When I start thinking about having to read and re-read papers check dates and signitures; make sure the right papers are stapled together; yada, yada  - literally, I start to get agitated, my heart rate goes up, I get very nervous and my stomach gets tied in knots and I am snippy with everyone. There might not be an official diagnosis in the medical books but I know that it is real and that I have it. What has made it worse is that on top of all the adoption paperwork, I have had 3 large piles of paperwork to fill out for school!

So how do I get through this problem that I have? Well, prayer is the first thing. In prayer, God has allowed me to step back and trust in Him on getting things done and done right! Next, I just keep looking at the wonderful picture of our new little boy. A little boy who probably does not even understand that those fun people who spent time with me will be back to not just play for a few hours but for a lifetime!

SO, I am battling my paper-itis and I feel much more in control of myself. And with the  end of the paper trail coming to an end(for now), excitement is started to take over me again. We are hoping to get our papers back from the CPA on Tuesday. I will then get everything apostilled and off to CHI in St Louis and then on to Russia. I will only be waiting for our Mortgage letter which I hope I will get in the next week.

For those of you who are not familiar with the term apostilled, it is just a verification of the notary. There are usually two steps: 1) you have to got to the county that the notary is registered in and get them to verify that the notary is registered with them. Then you take that to the Secretary of State to verify the county information. 

One more pray request to send out is for the conflict between Russia and Georgia. It is horrible that people are dying and the ugliness of people is really coming out. All of us that are in the process of adopting are also very fearful how this could effect bringing these wonderful children home. 

Now to leave you with a picture of our first cloths purchase for little M. 
GO BUCKS!

No comments: