Friday, August 29, 2008

It's Here!

Our Mortgage letter finally showed up early this morning on our door step. I have to tell you that this past week has been a killer on my nerves. I knew that it would show up deep in the recesses of my mind but many things went wrong this week and it took two extra days to get here. I know that does not seem like a big deal but since we are getting on a plane Thursday morning and with Labor Day - we only had two more bussiness days to take care of things and that is cutting it too close for me. For those of you who are not familiar with Apostilled Papers here is a picture. There is nothing much to it but it is critical that you have it.

Anyway, we now officially have all our paperwork, plane tickets, hotel reservations and visas. Technically we are ready to go but my "TO DO" list is still very long. With all the things that are going on I think I forgot to tell you all about our travel dates. The top of the blog has the countdown until court but we actually leave in "5 DAYS". I can not believe it. We are going to fly out on 9/4, have court on 9/8 and be back in Ohio on 9/10. When then leave again on 9/15 and return to the US with our new son on October 1st. I know you must be thinking that we are crazy to be traveling back and forth but we have our reasons. My heart is aching that we have to leave him again but I keep telling myself that it is just one more time(the last time) and the fact that we know exactly when we will see him next, helps. Someone else wrote that with each day they were are away from your child , they would fall more in love with them and the time away got worse - I agree 110%. It is hard to imagine unless you experience it, how you could fall in love with a child that you have only spent 12 hours with but it happens - it is wonderful!

So now that we have 5 days left, I am off to the races - I should post again before we leave. Our Court date is September 8th at 10am(2 am EST). So I ask those of you who have been praying for us to start praying now for our preparedness and wisdom in our answers, that the judge looks kindly on us and grants us to be parents of Little M and that most of all God will be glorified in this adoption.

God Bless you all



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what it means to be waiting for paperwork and knowing a deadline is approaching. I'm glad to hear that you got the mortgage letter on time and that you will be traveling soon. Good luck! Our thoughts will be with you.

I wrote to you before because we are in the Columbus area too and just got home (Aug. 23) with our 3 year old boy. Let us know if you ever want to get the boys together to play. I know you are a bit busy now, but keep us in mind. :-)

Christina and Mike said...

We have been following your blog since you started it. We just returned from Astrakhan in mid July with our little boy.

We really enjoyed our stay there, but were all to happy to finally get home and start our own routine.

We too, already had 3 bio kids at home when we decided to adopt. When we finally got to bring him home, he just slipped right into our family like he had always been here.

We did the 3 trips too. I know how long and tiring it is. I just wanted to take a moment to wish you all the best on the completion of this long (but sooooo worth it) journey. Congratulations! :o)

Patti said...

You are in our prayers, as your court date comes closer. May the Lord give you peace and wisdom every step of the way!

Patti