Friday, July 25, 2008

Tuesday

I will start out with "WHAT A DAY FOR US". We went to visit the kids in the morning and got to play outside. It has been really hot here, between 95-98(officially) but the temp in the car we drive has said over 100 at times. They told us that Sunday it was 44 celcius which is 111 Far. It is that dry heat that I talked about, which does help a little but there really is not airconditioning around. In some of the restuarants and in only one of the cars that drives us around. Not even the government building where the MOE has airconditioning.

What was neat is that the kids play outside usually barefoot and in their underware, so when it is time to come in and eat. They take off their underware, let them jump in the blow up pool they have outside, wash out their hair, dry them off and put on their cloths - then upstairs to to eat.

So after our meeting with the kids and in reviewing our doctor's medical input, we had to go to Galina and tell her that we were willing to accept the boy but could not take the girl. This was such a sad day for us. I can not go into details but I want you to know that prayers were answered. I had been praying all along that God would make it very clear as to the decision that we had to make - in fact, I would even pray that He would just come out and write it out on the wall(He has done that before). Well, there was not writing on the wall but there was his writing on my heart. I am usually a very optimistic person and willing to try whatever it takes to make something happen but God made it very clear to me that this little girl was not for our family. The reason , I know is that God caused me to react so totally opposite then I ever had reacted before.  I am usually very emotional and this was not the case at all. I was very calm, clear headed(not thinking with my heart) and at peace with what God had in store for us. Yes, it was God's peace that showed me the way. For those of you who are facing tough times, just read through 1 Peter. It has been what were are studying in Bible study since June and again, God's timing is perfect. I have to say that this is one of my favorite books of the Bible(Even though I love them all) because it is a book that addresses so many issues in my life right now and no other book as has such a great impact on me a one time in my life. It is short so just pick it up a read it - It will change your perspective.

O, know that I have made it through the tears - We were able to meet with the MOE that afternoon for another referral but unfortunately, she was not going to be for us either. So today we had to wrestle with the thought of only bringing home one little one and that it would not be a girl. If I had not mentioned before, when we started this process, it made sense to us that we request a girl for our family. Then when we decided to get siblings,  we thought that a girl and boy would work best for our family. Now do not get me wrong, I am not disappointed at all that we are going to have a wonderful boy, but my heart was focused on a girl( an so was our daughter's) I was more worried about her then I was upset myself. You see, even though I have plans that I think would work, God has better plans and I have learned that a lot lately. In fact, I have learned it so much that I am getting used to God changing my plans, but it is a hard lesson for an 11 year old to learn. But again, she is an amazing daughter! I think she was dissappointed but knowing that she is getting a cute little adorable brother who will love the attention she will give him has helped and she is doing great!


No comments: