Thursday, September 2, 2010

In China

We made it safe and everything went very smooth! Yea God! We got up Wednesday morning at 4:45 am and got to our hotel at 4 am THursday morning(Ohio time) Just short of 24 hours on the go. None of us slept much on the 13 hour flight here, we just could not get comfortable but amazingly the time went quickly. In fact this flight seemed better then our flights to Moscow. It took about an hour to get to through the airport and to our car but the airport was so nice and organized. Kyley, Greg, Phyllis and Craig - passport control had lines!!! and I did not feel like we were in a smokey dungeon. We then had a long ride to the hotel but got checked in and to our room, even the phone I had ordered to be delivered to the hotel was there(and it worked the first time too)! We took a quick 1.5 hour nap and then called home. We ventured out around the block, there was a McDonalds Pizza Hut and KFC but we just were not that hungry, that will hit us a 4am. So we got noodles and water in the hotel and ate in our room.
We met two couples that sat beside us on the plane that are adopting too. They are in different provinces but we are at the same hotel in Guangzhou so we will meet up with them again.
We will be touring tomorrow so I should have some pictures for you then. It is so hard to believe that we are here. I know we have only been in the process for about 10 months( the couple by me on the plane had been waiting 5 years!) but it just doesn't seem real. only 3.5 more days until we meet our little girl. I find myself looking intently at all the little girls trying to imagine what it will be like in just a few days.

THank you for all your prayers, we definetly are feeling them. DOminic has been a great trooper. It was really hard for him to sleep on the plane but for a little boy with major sleep depervation, he is doing great! Well, off to get ready for bed. Talk to you soon.

4 comments:

Amy said...

You made me laugh about the passport control lines in Moscow.....ugh, how true!

Craig and Phyllis said...

I was so excited to see your post change on my sidebar. I laughed out loud that you actually had LINES at the passport place! : ) I'm still laughing!

I remember on our referral flight looking at all the children and wondering what our boys would look like. How great you have some idea, but still... I'm so excited for you guys! Praying for you!!

Becky and Keith said...

YAY! So glad you got there okay! I love how you described the smokey dungeon... SO true! Can't wait to see pictures after you've had a chance to tour. Sleep well!

. said...

So glad you all made it safely. I'm happy that your airport experience was so much better than what we shared!!!! Oh, the memories! Can't wait to hear more about your travels.

Prayers to you,
Kyley, Greg, and Grace