Saturday, September 11, 2010

Travel to Guanzhou

The pictures above are of 3 of us at our hotel, playing hide n seek, eating a McD's french fries, the kids as we rested from our walk and Yanzi looking at our plane.

We got to sleep in today since we did not have to leave for the airport until 2pm. We managed to keep ourselves pretty busy. After breakfast we finished packing and then the kids managed to play a good game of hide and seek for about an hour! We then found a McDonalds that was about a 20 minute - Yanzi walk( she tends to walk really slow and drag her feet when she gets bored). She seemed to know about the french fries and wanted them but did not want anything else. Even when the McDonalds worker was telling her about the happy meal, she was insistent on just getting the fries. Mom over ruled and we got her chicken nuggets also. I got her to at least eat one.
Our ride to the airport was enjoyable because we got to see more of the city. It is just amazing how big this city is. We drove for over 30 minutes and there were still high rise apartments! There was a section that we drove through that use to be under European control. You could tell the western influence, with all the stores and western looking buildings, I felt I was is New York.
The airports here seem so much easier to navigate than the Russian airports. I am very thankful for that. We have had a few more tears today, but I was expecting that. THere were some at breakfast, some when we left our guide Michael and some when we tried to throw away her drink bottle that she brought with her from her foster family. We ended up convincing her that she had to drink what was in it and they may let her keep it. So she downed about half a bottle, we jammed it in her back pack and proceeded through security. There was no problems - whew. She got a kick out of the security checks and quickly forgot about the bottle. Unfortunately, later the zipper on her backpack broke and now I am starting to loose my patience with trying to keep every little thing that she had... I mean it is just a green tea bottle from the store - but I know that she is loosing everything.

Ok done with my grumpy attitude for now. Our flight was delayed an hour because of the typhoon that is coming up the coast of China, I just hope it does not get delayed any longer, we are already not going to land until 9pm and then have to get to our hotel. My understanding is that tomorrow will be an early morning, because we are going to the medical appointment. Please pray that there won't be too many shots. SInce she is 5 and that is when you usually get your boosters, I am concerned that she could get several shots. I just have to trust the Lord, because it is all in His hands. We have been so blessed this trip, I just pray it continues.

No comments: