Friday, May 9, 2008

Only 6 Days to Go!!!

Wow, I can not believe how the time has passed. When we first found out that we had 3.5 weeks before we left, I thought that we would have plenty of time.  Knowing that in one week from now we will be somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean, I don't know how I am going to get it all done. 

This week was not as productive as I thought. Our visas were suppose to come in Wednesday, but because there were 4 Russian holidays I will not get them until Tuesday which will be fine as long as they are correct(Prayer #1 - Please have visas arrive early and correct). Russ received his medical report and blood work and x rays and all looks good from what I can see(answered prayer). I thought I was going to get my medicals this week but instead received a call that one of the blood tests did not get done and I needed to have more blood taken. The test will take 2-3 days so I am looking at getting my papers Wednesday, then have to get them verified and appostilled(Prayer #2 please have this go smoothly and no redos). Met with IA doctor to get things setup to send the medicals to him to review when we are there.

International Phone ordered and on its way. Laptop and home computer set up for video conferencing with the kids when we are there(Thanks to my dear friends computer wiz son - Thanks Nigel you are a life saver!) 
Packing, going slowly. As I get things I toss them in the suitcases. We have most of what we need, I just have to start organizing them and hope that everything will fit.

I want to thank you for the comments. It really means so much to hear positive support. Our agency keeps telling us to focus on the kids and do whatever it takes to go with the flow and stay kind and under control. So I have been preparing myself for difficulties when we are in Russia but I have not been prepared for the difficulties that I keep running into here. It just seems like everyday something goes wrong or people start questioning us about why we are doing this and it just tears me down. But I must say that with each day and difficult situation as I begin to question myself, I remember that it is God who has changed our hearts and put the desire in them to bring these children into our family. And it is God who I must turn to for support and comfort and in turning to Him I am filled with peace and strength.  Habakkuk 3:17-19 is one of many versus that is my prayer:

"Though the fig tree should not blossom and there be no fruit on the vines, Though the yield of the olive should fail and the fields produce no food, Though the flock should be cut off from the fold and there be no cattle in the stalls, Yet I will exult in the Lord, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength, And He has made my feet like hinds' feet, And makes me walk on my high places. "

Only 6.5 days until we leave and and 9.5 until we get to meet our precious children! I can't believe it is almost here.

If I don't get a chance to blog before Sunday - Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's and Mom's-To-Be!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Monica,

As I read your post this morning, God laid on my heart the prayer of another Godly woman who prayed for strength.

The "horn" in this verse represents just that; strength. (And it rings the song "There is No Rock" which I know you know) Hope this helps in some way.

1Sa 2:1 Then Hannah prayed and said:
“My heart rejoices in the LORD?
in the LORD my horn is lifted high.
My mouth boasts over my enemies,
for I delight in your deliverance.

1Sa 2:2 “There is no one holy like the LORD?
there is no one besides you;
there is no Rock like our God.

Unknown said...

OK, so I started singing the song and remembered it's really called "Rock of Ages".....I guess that's why I'm a preacher not a worship leader!! lol

said...

Thanks Brian for the versus, I will add them to my note cards that I carry with me.

Patti said...

How exciting - you are about to embark on an amazing journey! I hope all goes well. If you have Vala as your translator, please say hello from the Dronens. She was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Monica,

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I haven't heard from you and was just thinking and wondering how your adoption is going. I can't believe you are finally going to Russia!!! I am SO excited for you and so excited you have a blog I can follow!!! I will be praying. This will be the most exciting thing you are ever going to do!!!