Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Great Day!!!

  Monica is taking a break so she allowed me to blog - she won't be sorry.  Today started off great since we both used ear plugs last night and actually were able to sleep over the noise - ( remember we have no air conditioning and the windows are open since its in the 80's).  I can't tell you how nice that was since we have been unable to really sleep that well and I guess our bodies just needed the rest.
Anyway our hour long trip to see our son ( I can't tell you how happy that sounds right now), was easy since we are getting used to the scenery except for the cows that just run loose and sometimes just stop in the middle of the road.  Once we got to the orphanage when we saw him he came over and gave me a great big "high five" and monica a very cordial hand shake.  From there and for the next two hours we simply played with cars, action figures and bubbles.  Just try and imagine not seeing bubbles before and then getting to play with them - he loved it almost as much as monica and myself.  He reminds me so much of our other boys in the way he plays.  From the noises he makes and the things he does, it just like our other two .  The only bad thing is that the two hours goes by so fast.  Today when we left he gave monica a hug and myself one ( I really squeezed him and held onto him for extra time and I think he really liked it -  I. loved it) !
We then came home for our break in the middle of the day and this is equally special since we are able to see and talk to our children back home through i-chat ( thanks Nigel ).  I can't tell you how wonderful it has been for Monica and  myself to see OC, DC and LC every day - amazing technology but and even more amazing blessing.
After this we went and see our daughter ( # 2) and even though she started to cry after we just got there she really warmed up and even smiled a few times and said three words - her name and also MAMA and PAPA - that makes the whole trip worth while.  Before I go I just want to say that you to all of you who have been praying for us, our children at home and our soon to be children - Thank you and we love you.  God is soooo good.  
In closing Monica and I still can't believe we are in southern Russia right now.  We even wandered  out this evening to go to dinner and I had to laugh because we look so much like tourists.  It just reminds me of the the movie my cousin Vinny where his girlfriend say " yea you blend" - well that us.  Once again thank you for all your prayers - keep um coming

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting! Russ, thanks for taking the time to share your perspective. I continue to pray for your kids at home, that God will prepare their hearts for their new siblings, and that they will be good while you two are away! God bless you both.
Sally

Leatha said...

I am so thrilled for all of you!! God is sooo good!!! What an amazing journey! We are continuing to pray and lift all of you up! Thank you so much for sharing this special time with us. To God be the glory!

Leatha

Unknown said...

OK Big Guy please let Monica blog from now on.....I don't get choked up as much.

I could hear your heart through the whole thing and am soooooo happy for you guys.

Can't wait to talk to you and find out more. Prayin Hard.

B

Christina and Mike said...

Yeah!! How exciting!
We just wanted to take a moment to introduce ourselves. Our names are Mike and Christina. We stumbled across your blog, and started reading. We have just returned from Astrakhan this week (Trip 1)! While there (if you get the chance)you should try out the Horse Shoe restaurant it is really neat! It's great to see another adoptive family going to Astrakhan. We wish you both all the best. Astrakhan is a wonderful place. Enjoy, and congratulations! :o)