Friday, May 23, 2008

Light in the Darkness

As we posted the earlier post today, I noticed the verse of the day - Isaiah 42:16 "I will lead the blind by a way they do not know, and paths they do not know I will guide them. I will make darkness into light before them and rugged places into plains. These are the things I will do, and I will not leave them undone."

This verse gave us great comfort in the stress of our day. But I wanted to let everyone know that not 30 minutes after our posting, we got a call to meet with officials at 8pm. They set up a special meeting with us to make things clear on what was going on and why and what our options are. We do not have any definite answers and might not for a few weeks but we are definitely NOT in the dark about what is going on. Thank you Lord!

4 comments:

Craig and Phyllis said...

We will be praying for you and for the officials involved with this that the Lord will move in peoples hearts and His will will be accomplished (and in a timely manner).

Leatha said...

Russ and Monica,

We are praying for you and all those involved! I pray that He will help you, guide & comfort you both during this time. I also pray that His light shines through.
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in Me." John 14:1

Julie said...

Thanks for the updates. Out hearts followed you to Russia and you remain in our prayers.

JennyM said...

I found your blog on CHI's site and wanted to send you a word of encouragement. When we met our 2 daughters (in Dec '07), there was still a possibility we might not be able to adopt them. After 3 long months, a court decision was finally made. I know what uncertain days are like. We are still waiting on a court date to adopt our girls (we have to wait until 6 months after the court decision was made).

Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I will pray for peace as you wait in these uncertain days.

JennyM