Thursday, May 22, 2008

Another Wonderful Day in Russia

I never thought that I would be saying that in my entire life until we started this adoption process. And I might add that physically it is not that wonderful. But emotionally, our hearts grow more for these children everyday. We had great visits today with both of them. It will be so exciting when we finally get to pick them up and they can see each other again. Today we showed our son a picture we took of his sister. He could not believe how big she was. He loves playing with cars and talks up a storm. He puts up with the fact that we can not understand him and just continues to play. He is so precious, he gave me a kiss on the check today which just melted my heart. I am concerned that he does not really understand what is going on and that when we finally come to take him home, he will not want to come. He does not know what all lies ahead and I think the change will be hard for him. Pray that we will prepare him the best we can tomorrow and that he will be excited for our return.

Our precious little girl, cried again when she saw us but stopped as soon as we picked her up. That makes me happy for so many reasons: first I hate to see her cry and second, I am praying that when we travel home, she will feel comfort in our arms during such a scary time. I do not think our son will have a problem with the travel, in fact, I think he will be excited about riding in a plane.

We finished all the paperwork today(at least for here) and want to get home just because we know that the sooner we get home the sooner we will return.

We decided to venture out to the Kremlin here is Astrakhan today and did enjoy what we saw. We could not find the sourviner shop we were told about, maybe tomorrow. The biggest problem that we are having is the heat. Yes, we are in Russia and the temp today was suppose to hit 88 F. Friday and Saturday it will be in the 90s!! I do not know what the weather will be like when we return to Ohio but it will feel cold I am sure. They are estimating that we will be back sometime in July/August when the temp is around 100 - 110?!?!?! We are definitely making sure we have air conditioning. 

We are just very blessed to be here for many reasons. But in talking to our coordinator today we know that our children(and the son of the other couple that is here) have amazing health for being in orphanages. She just can not believe how lucky we are  - well I know that it is not luck but a wonderful God.

Well, I am going to get going, we have a big night planned, a movie on the laptop in the room!! Hey, when you have only Russian TV and don't want to venture out after dark - This is a big night.

Dasvidania(Da svi da niya) One of the 5 Russian words that I know

5 comments:

Joel and Nancy said...

We are praying for you guys and the new members of your family. It will be tough leaving them as your flight takes off late in the evening. When we left we were torn. Our comfort came from Christ, knowing that He is taking care of them. I hope you will find the same comfort.

Can't wait to read more about your journey.

Nancy

Patti said...

I'm so glad the visits with the kids are going well. The sourvenir shop is across the street diagonally from the main entry to the kremlin. It's on the corner and in the bottom of a two story building I believe. You continue to be in my prayers!

Unknown said...

I can't even begin to imagine the plethora (and yes Russ I know what that means!) of feelings that will be racing through your hearts & minds as you leave to go home to Columbus.

May God put a HUGE hedge around them and bless you with smooth travels as you head back to your (other) kid-o's. (That sounds really cool huh.)

B

True Story said...

It is wonderful to read your blog and know that God has all of you sooo wrapped tight in His arms. We will continue to pray for you and your future family : )
-Sandy

Mark & Kris said...

We rae praying for you!! I hvae been following your blog and just realized you are from Ohio. We are a CHI family adopting from Vietnam. We live in Circleville! We will pray for your little ones to understand that you will be back to get them!!!