Wednesday, May 14, 2008

36 hours 20 minutes and Counting

Well, I think we are about ready. We received our visas yesterday and they are correct(Prayers answered). Today we received our international phone, the rest of the crisp new money and ....... my doctor's medical(More prayers answered) I must say that I was at the ultimate stress level trying to set up something with my doctor to get the papers notarized - it was a very rough and stressful road but it is done. Now I just have to get the papers to Russia - they are more precious then gold right now( or should I say gas?).

Tomorrow will be packing day. Hopefully it won't be that bad because everything is laying in our living/dining room. I just have to figure out how to get it in our suitcases without being over the weight limit.

I must say that I can breathe much easier tonight and have started to get excited again about leaving, stressing over the paperwork took all the excitement out of everything. I even woke up early this morning because of a nightmare that I had that my doctor had lost all my labs and would not fill out any of my paperwork! 

I am really starting to miss the kids and they also realize that there is not much time left before we leave and are starting to have little breakdowns. My best advise to them is to cry it out and pray to Jesus for comfort - that is what I will be doing.

Thank you all for your comments and prayers and support. It means so much to us. 

9 comments:

Joel and Nancy said...

Please know that we will be reading your posts and praying for you as you travel, meet your little ones, and depend on Him.

Joel and Nancy Mee
(adopted siblings from Astrakhan)

Unknown said...

Monica,

I thought your "nightmare" was waking up next to Russ every morning!!!! lol

(Love ya big guy.)

Now serious, we're totally lifting you ALL up out here in Sparks. May God give you safe (and smooth) travels and I can't wait to hear of the blessings God is going to bestow on the Canestraro Family.

Anonymous said...

I AM SO SO SO SO excited for you guys!!!!

Craig and Phyllis said...

I tried to post this earlier today, but was not able to figure out how to do that yet. We will be praying for you, your children here and your children in Russia as you begin your travel. We will enjoy following your journey.

Craig and Phyllis
Columbus, O

John said...

we will be praying for you guys!

Darryn and Jamie said...

Woke this am to check for update. You should be in Moscow now. Enjoy every moment of this magical journey. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Jamie
(adopted from Astrakhan Summer 07)

Unknown said...

Woke up praying for you guys as well.

Hope the flight was good, and Monica got some sleep.

B

Julie said...

You are in our prayers. I gave Luc a hug for you. We look forward to reading your posts and seeing the great work God is doing through you.

Oren said...

I am Monica's brother... Monica and Russ are having difficulty getting online to update this blog. They arrived fine, but their hotel was booked when they arrived to check in. The hotel moved them to a different hotel. They had a great day Monday. She may be posting soon...