Monday, August 16, 2010

TA!!!!!

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

YES today was the day. We received the call that our TA had arrived. I was very hesitant that it would come today, I was thinking it would be more like Wednesday and I was totally caught off guard. In fact, when the phone rang, I thought it was our doctor calling back about a perscription I had requested for antibotics to take to Chin@(just in case). But when I saw the caller ID was our agency, I was stunned more than anything else.
Now I don't have a lot more information than that because we have requested our CA( Consulate Appointment) which will be toward the end of our trip and will hopefully get confirmation Tuesday. Our agency said that we could request an appointment for as early as September 7th or 8th, which would mean that we would leave next Wednesday( because we want to leave two days early to tour Beijing first). I was totally floored. Only 9 days to do it all?! But we ended up picking September 14th or 15th as our first options which would mean we leave 9/1!
Of course after I hung up the phone I was second guessing myself all day but Russ agrees with me, it will be the best. I can get the kids in school, Dominic will have 1 week to get started before he leave for 2.5 weeks and I won't be totally miserable to be around the next week as I start to loose me mind. (Correction, I would not loose my mind but my "mind won't be functioning" - quote from my husband who is knows me so well.)
One issue that is beginning to surface quickly is how Micah is going to deal with this all. Up until now, he has talked about us traveling to China and getting a new sister but I think somewhere it is just a story to him, like one of the many he makes up during the day. Today when I told the kids that we can start finalizing plans, he told me he didn't want us to go. So we sat and talked about why we had to go and that Grammy would be here to take care of him. He seemed ok with it until I got on the phone and he proceeded to totally destroy our family room. When I came in all the pillows, magazines and toys were everywhere and no where to walk. Mind you, he seemed to be doing this in fun not anger but that is usually how he disguises his feelings. Also, the first things he asked me when he woke up from his nap, "Mommy, are you back from China?" So one big thing to add to my list of things to do..... Increase the amount of time I spend with Micah( and all my kids).
I will keep you updated.

Will let you all know the dates for sure when I find out.

5 comments:

Craig and Phyllis said...

Oooo! My goodness, to have left next Wednesday would be insane to get ready for. Isn't that the first day of school, too? Even though it is delaying you getting to Sophia, it will probably help you to be a "sane" mommy when you meet her. : ) I'll be praying for Micah, too!

Becky and Keith said...

Such exciting news!! I'm so glad you gave yourself the extra week - you'll be so happy you did, especially to spend time with Micah. I'm sure he'll be okay. Will you guys be able to use Skype to talk to him via the web while you're there? That might help make things easier if he can "see" you once a day? Just a thought! Cannot wait to hear more about your preparations and then about your trip to China!! YAY!

Mark & Kris said...

Oh, that is so exciting and wonderful!!! Will be praying for sweet Micah!

Robin said...

Congratulations!!!! What a very special day!!! This is so excited! I can't wait to follow your journey!!! Jumping up and down for you in Indy!!! Big hugs!!!

Unknown said...

Hi there:)
I am a follower of your blog, and a member of the Tianjin yahoo group(our DD came home from there in April). I just saw a post from a woman named Kim who has pictures of your Sophia! Here is the link to the post about her: http://onemoreinchina.blogspot.com/2010/08/precious.html

What a great present right before you leave:)
Amy
(www.w8ing4aprincess.wordpress.com)