Monday, June 7, 2010

LOA!!!!!

Oh My Oh My Oh My!!! I am totally floored right now. The kids and I were out running errands most of the day( they were for the kids so it's not like I was torturing them the first day of summer break). Anyway, I thought I would sit down, take a break and read my emails since Micah was now napping. As I scanned my emails, I saw the letters LOA!! I about hyperventilated. I started frantically saying, "oh my oh my oh my". Dominic comes in and wants to know if I am ok. OK?! I am better than ok. We are one big step closer to getting Sophia! Our Letter of Acceptance was signed on 6/4/10. That would mean that we were approved in 28 days!! That is inconceivable to me. The lowest I had heard of recently was 35 days. Many have been in the 40s but most likely I was hoping for no more then 56( which would be 8 weeks). Someone on one of my yahoo groups had been monitoring peoples stats and he came up with 7- 10 weeks for approval. Our was in 4 weeks!
I know that it does not seem like it but I am speechless and my mind is racing a million mile a minute. I had been holding back to filling out the forms that I needed once we received our LOA. I was going to start on them this week since school is over. Well, tonight and tomorrow will be paperwork.
Next step: Finish our I-800 form and overnight it to US*CIS and wait for their approval( about 2-3 weeks) and also fill out the other forms that I need. This also means that we have a very good chance of traveling in August! Oh my Oh my. Got to get busy!

5 comments:

Craig and Phyllis said...

Yipee!! So excited to read this! So forget cleaning those rooms out for summer. : ) So what could be the time frame of a LOA to travel?

Mark & Kris said...

So happy for you!!! God is good!!

Anonymous said...

What exciting and wonderful news! Congratulations!

Robin said...

Congratulations on LOA!!! BIG STEP!

Becky and Keith said...

So excited for you! 4 weeks, WOW!