Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Waiting in the Lord

There is no news but I check my own blog daily just to read the Verse of the Day. And I could not help but comment on what the Lord has been doing in this emotional waiting period. 

Today's verse is 1 Peter 5:10
"After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you."

I have just started studying  1 Peter last week and am so comforted by it in this difficult time. First, I know that my suffering is nothing compared to those who are persecuted in the name of Christ or those who are suffering from illnesses and so on. My difficult time is purely because I have a lack of patience and I am not in control(I don't like to be out of control). 

Second, I have found that leaning on the Lord and taking comfort that He is in control gives me "the peace of God,which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"(Phil 4:7).  Although I struggle at times and get frustrated that things are not moving faster, I still take comfort in my Lord. I know that He is strengthening me and growing me. I know that He is in control and if I will just let Him do His job, we will, in time, end up with exactly the children that He has planned for us. And in the meantime, I need to let Him mold me into the, wife, Mom and child of God that He wants me to be.

3 comments:

said...

you are such a wonderful family! I love you guys

said...

the first one was from livia ! love you!

True Story said...

Monica,
Isn't it funny how while we are suffering we tend to question how God engineers his plan?
THEN --- afterward we always think, "Wow, Lord, what a magnificent plan!!!!"

Sandy