Tuesday, October 26, 2010

First Day of School

Tuesday was the first day of school for our Sophia. She did wonderful! She was excited to go and nervous at the same time. Whe she got to school she has to place her name in one of two places, Yes I Like School, No I do Not Like School. She said she liked it a little bit. Once she got going in the class, I stepped out and the teacher said she did wonderful! There is a little girl in 1st grade that speeaks Mandarin and the Principal will be introducing them to each other. That will be wonderful for her. They also live in the neighborhood so hopefully play dates will be in her near future.
When I went to pcik her up, I asked her if she liked school a little bit or a lot. She said a lot!
I am so happy for her!


3 comments:

Patti said...

I'm glad things are going so well. Sophia has the cutest smile! My son Alex saw the picture of Micah from his Gotcha Day and said, "Hey, that looks like me!" I agree, he looks like Alex when he was younger.

Julie said...

She is a cutie pie!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your sweet daughter! Our son was 4.5 when we adopted from Tianjin. He was also in foster care.
We went through a lot of the same things you have been through with your daughter when we first arrived home. (including loosing his first tooth)
We've been home 2 years now and things are so much smoother. He eats lots and lots now, never pop (which was his main "meal"). Although he still gets motion sickness...sigh.. oh well!! lol
Krista D