Monday, October 6, 2008

HOME!

Sorry for the delay in getting to blogging. For some odd reason, I could not get signed on to blog in Moscow. I thought I would have time to type up things on the plane ride home and post when I got home but M only slept for 1.5 hours on the 11 hour flight home. I am hoping over the next week I will catch you all up on things that have happened. But most importantly we our home and our entire family is together.
It was a wonderful wonderful wonderful sight to turn the corner and see Russ and the rest of my kids, along with my parents. I sight I will always remember.
A quick update: Since M did not sleep much on the plane ride he went down quickly and slept through the night. He did well Sunday night too but was up early this morning at 6am. I am hoping that in about a week, we will be out of jet lag mode and on a regular schedule.
He eats well, in fact too much if i would let him. He is getting along well with all the kids, I just have to remind them that he is not a toy to be shared. The only things that he does not like is the dog. But that is improving too. He was scared to death at first and would start crying when he would come near him but only after 1 day, he will pet him as long as Rocky is facing the other direction so give it a few more days and I am sure things will be fine.
He seems to be attaching well and this morning was a test to that. I usually walk O out to the bus stop in the morning and since Russ was here, he took M and I went outside. When I came back, M was crying. I guess he had cried the entire time. Since he saw me leave, he thought I was going away. No one wants their kids to cry but this was a good thing to see that he is attaching.
Well, off to get the day into full gear. I want to thank all of you who have prayed for our family, I do not think I could have made it through all the difficulties without being lifted up in prayer by you all.
May God bless you all for your service of prayer for us.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you are home. I have been praying for you and M.

Becky and Keith said...

Welcome home!!! Give yourselves a good 2 - 3 weeks to get adjusted. Heck, I've been home 3 months and I'm still getting adjusted so maybe you shouldn't listen to me! :-) Seriously though - welcome home!!

mettlerpb said...

there is no place like home. i'm so glad your journey was safe.

The Landers 4 said...

Congratulations! Welcome home. We will continue to pray for you all. It has been fun following your posts for a glimpse of what we have in store when we actually travel...

And,

You have been tagged!

Rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you.

2. Post the rules on the blog.

3. Write six random facts about yourself.

4. Tag six people at the end of your post.

5. Let each person know they have been tagged.

6. Let the taggers know when your "Six Random Things" entry is up.

The Landers 3 (Cheryl)

The Landers 4 said...

Congratulations, your home! It has been fun to follow your posts and pray for you while catching a glimpse of what it may be like when we travel...

And ...

You have been tagged!
Rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you.

2. Post the rules on the blog.

3. Write six random facts about yourself.

4. Tag six people at the end of your post.

5. Let each person know they have been tagged.

6. Let the taggers know when your "Six Random Things" entry is up.

The Landers 3 (Cheryl)

Anonymous said...

Hope things are going well. Thinking of you....