Saturday, December 25, 2010

Have a Blessed Christmas

Sorry I have not posted in forever. Life as you all know is busy and I have been really trying to focus on the top priorities in my life and the computer and posting on down on the list. But I could not miss this opportunity to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas!

Things are going very well. Sophia is adjusting well. SHe still has periods of grieving but the last question she asked about China was if she could go back and forth to live in China and then with us. It was hard to explain that that was not an option but I said to Russ that at least she wanted to be with us too!

We have had many medical appointments. The urologist put her on meds to reduce the pressures in her bladder and now we are working on a schedule to Cath her. It was horrible the first time I had to do it but we both are pros at it now. We are trying to figure things out to get her to be dry during the day but it is not going as quickly as I would like. I need to do some more research but with Christmas coming, it has not been a good time for reading. We also had an MRI to check out her back and get a baseline. But unfortunately, the doctor sees a thinning of the spinal cord and thinks there is a build up of fluid that is putting pressure in the spine. So right now we don't know what we have in store for Sophia except for more tests and appointments.
Sophia has been doing wonderful in school and wants to start the ELL program that would allow her to go all day. However with the start of cathing and the new unknowns about her back, we are going to hold off for a little while to see what happens.

We have had a wonderful morning and there is much more for the day so I nust be going. Here are some recent pictures and my gift to you from God's Word:



Come, let us worship and bow down,

Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.

For He is our God,

And we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand.

Psalm 95: 6-7a


3 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Merry Christmas to you all too! So great to hear how everyone is doing. Best Wishes for the new year!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics! Merry Christmas!

Rebekah (Tianjin family)

AJ Williams said...

My name is AJ Williams and I hope you don't mind but I happened on your site as I was looking up Russian adoptions on the Children's International page. I see that you believe in God and the spirit touched my heart as I read your page. I am writing you in hopes of some direction. I have 5 kids of my own and am very happy and blessed, yet I have a strong yearning to adopt a little boy from Russia. Any advice you could give me on which direction to go would be greatly appreciated!