Sunday, February 14, 2010

Glory!

The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Psalm 19:1

What about these scenes:




These were pictures I took last Monday after taking the kids to school. We had had one major snow storm another one on the way and that morning everything was frosted over and a fog covered everything. My breath was literally taken away as I drove around the neighborhood. Micah kept getting upset every time I would turn in the direction away from our home because I was just glued to the scenes. It was a wonderful gift from God that morning. There are not many things that make me giddy as a school girl but this day was an exception. I took well over 100 pictures just trying to capture it. I just love how God takes frigid temps, ice, snow and fog - things that the world whines and complains about and reveals His glory. So as I started to whine today because they are predicting ANOTHER 4-6 inches of snow here on Monday( on top of the 18 or so we already have), I had to catch myself and be thankful that the kids and I are off and can enjoy it from inside - and that Russ has a monster SUV to keep him safe on the roads.

Not much on the adoption front right now - hopefully will have our home study approved and off to the USCIS(Immigration) this week?Maybe, maybe not? Don't know and trying not to freak out because I have no control over it.

Will update soon.

3 comments:

Craig and Phyllis said...

I absolutely love those pictures! I was driving around some last week and just thought it was beautiful, too. The way the snow was clinging to the branches was amazing. Unfortunaely, I didn't have any profound thoughts like you did. I had the boys in the van with me, not much else needs to be said to explain.

Joel and Nancy said...

Absolutely beautiful! Wish I could see it. The desert is sunny and brown.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.