Monday, November 30, 2009

Rollercoaster

The past couple of weeks have been such an emotional rollercoaster for us. I will talk about the up side later but today I needed to post that my wonderful Grandma has passed away. She was an amazing 88 1/2 year old beauty that loved the Lord and I am so blessed that she was in my life. The past several years her health has quickly faded so her death is a blessing in the fact that she is not suffering and can now do all the wonderful things that she used to do but with the Lord. The hard part is knowing that all we have left is our memories, although they are quite wonderful, there are no more memories to make. But I have to not focus on myself but on the fact that she is singing and laughing and full of joy, something she has not been able to really do for awhile. I just pray for my Mom, who was her main caregiver for these past years. Her main focus was my Grandma and now that focus is gone, there is now a big hole in her life and we have to make sure we fill it up with her kids and grandkids. Thanks for listening.

My smiling Grandma and her pearls! She so loved pearls, kids and the Lord!

2 comments:

Craig and Phyllis said...

You guys have had a rough year of this haven't you! Sorry to hear of her passing, but like you said, she is very happy now!

Amy said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.