Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Call

Those of you who know me, know that I like to control everything that I can. I had even worked through the most probably scenerios of how "The call" would play out. Well, none of them even came close. We had been asked from our region to get a few more documents to them so Monday(4/21/08) was my day to get them signed, notarized and apostilled. It was a busy morning and I was at the Secretary of State's office having problems with getting the documents apostilled because our Notary was not registered. As I was trying to correct this situation without having to start all over, my phone rang. I thought it was Russ because I had called him to help with fixing the problem we were having. But instead it was our CHI coordinator apologizing that she was calling me on my cell but that she could not just leave a message about this. We had a referral!!!  I think my first words were - "You have got to be kidding!!!"

The adoption journeys never seems to follow the path that is logical. In fact our coordinator had emailed me 20 minutes before she had called me and stated that our wait might be a little longer then usual because we are requesting siblings but she was just not sure because there never seems to be any rhyme or reason with when the referrals come. Well, there sure is not but I am just glad that God has it all in control.

No comments: